Case Report: Positive outcome of medical leeches (hirudotherapy) for venous congestion
P.Brzezinski1, C. Solovan2, AChiriac3 ,LFoia4
1. Head of Department of Dermatology, 6th Military Support Unit, Ustka, Poland
2. Head of Department of Dermatology, University of Medicine V Babes, Timisoara, Romania
3. Head of Department of Dermato-Physiology, Apollonia University Iasi, Strada Muzicii nr 2, Iasi-700399, Romania
4. Head of Department of Dermatology, Grigore T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Strada Universitãtii 16, Iasi, Romania
Corresponding author: Piotr Brzezinski, Emailemail@example.com
A 65 year Caucasian woman was seen for numerous, oval-...
Leech therapy, like cupping therapy, has been known for centuries. It was only forgotten for a long time and is now being “rediscovered”. It is now widely used in the treatment of bruises, poorly healing wounds, inflammation of the joints and for rheumatism.
Today, scientific studies were able to prove the effectiveness of leeches (Prof. Dobos, Clinic for Naturopathy and Integrative Medicine, Essen).
Why should offer these methods to our patients?
What happens with leech therapy:
The patient lies down comfortably in a quiet and slightly darkened room. (Leeches don't like stress and bright light!). Then the leeches...
Leech therapy to combat and alleviate local pain syndromes
Leech therapy is one of the oldest healing methods in alternative medicine. Their widespread use worldwide is based on their beneficial influence on combating and alleviating local pain syndromes. Several studies on this topic have repeatedly confirmed the effectiveness of this traditional therapy.
Leech treatment as an extension procedure
Leech therapy particularly successful for osteoarthritis (private)
According to its mechanism of action, this therapy belongs to the group of extension procedures. This means that harmful substances and slags are excreted in the blood. The result is a relief...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.